Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Rambling about a full week, presidents, new goals, and the 4040 list

My hair is wet. My make-up is half done. I have four sun salutations to do – all in the next 20 minutes, but I feel a need to blog, so the other stuff can wait.

I have had a busy past week: three-day migraine, follow-up appointment after a health scare last summer, Oscar party to attend, more than a dozen Girl Scout patches to sew on, the start of gymnastics for my daughter, Downton Abbey to catch up on, John Tyler (President #10) to read, a page a day to write of my ever-emerging novel-in-progress.

My head has been full lately! I cope best when I remember that life is cyclical. Some days will be hectic. Others will be blissful.

I've decided to keep reading the American President series –even for the big presidents like Theodore Roosevelt, Harry Truman, etc. I am a slow reader and this project could happily drag on until I'm 50, but I have so many other things I want to do and experience that this seems like a good turn in my project. Then once I've read a good overview of them all, I can go back and read the David McColloughs and Doris Kearns Goodwins of the commanders-in-chief I'm interested in delving into deeper. This feels like a breakthrough.

It also means that I can likely make it through at least Lincoln this year. [Read: New Goal] Damn, me and goal-setting this year might be getting a little ridiculous! So NOW, if I read through Lincoln, THEN I can take a train trip [# 31 on the 4040 list] to Springfield, Illinois, and take in the Lincoln experience there. I love weaving this list into my daily life.

I have at least four blog entries in the queue. They are vying for my attention and time to sit down and contemplate them each. They are kind of weighty topics, so pardon my delay in getting them published. Just know that I love this writing pursuit and that there are dear people like you willing to wait and read!

It's time to head to my day job. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love. I saw on another blog the other day a live tracker of where the readers were reading from, along with the total number of readers. Made me think of you and your goals. Keep it up! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete