Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Quotation of the Day - September 15, 2015

I have been thinking about this quote all day. I have it hanging on my work bulletin board. I'm not great at memorizing and this is a long one, but there are snippets that will come to mind. They comfort me, push me forward and out of my rut-like thinking. Today I feel like there may be some who could use this juicy, affirming quote. I have taken the liberty of bolding the lines that stand out to me today. Without further ado, read on:


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

It is our light that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves "Who am I to be brilliant, talented, gorgeous?

Who are you not to be?

You are a child of God, your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing 'enlightened' about shrinking, so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It is not in just some of us, it is in each and every one of us.

And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
"

- Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love

No comments:

Post a Comment