Thursday, June 4, 2015

Postcards from Montana

June 4, 2015

Dear Reader,

I had a wonderful travel day and as is always my hope, I sat next to and conversed with two very lovely people on the flights to Salt Lake City and Kalispell.

One of the other retreat attendees who was already in town picked me up at the airport. We shopped for a few things at Safeway before returning to the airport to pick up another retreat attendee.

We shared wonderful conversation at lunch and then drove to the Walking Lightly Ranch.

Suburus seem to be the Montana State Vehicle and we were glad to be driving one as we made our muddy, bumpy way to the ranch.

I wish you could crawl into my mind's eye to see the beauty of this place. Even though I am at a writing retreat, words escape me to describe how stunning the nature around us is.

The Haven Community has already formed. Fast friends have been made. Delicious vegan food has been eaten. A reading from our author-facilitator near the hearth has been shared. A good night's rest after a long travel day has been slept.

There is so much more to write, but I don't have the energy just now. I am certain I will be writing about these five days for months to come.

Stay Tuned. Thanks for your interest in this journey of mine.

Warmly,
Julie


This is the view from my bedroom. I look forward to sitting on one of the swings and soaking in the lake and trees and sounds of Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment