Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rejection #1

In May, I submitted my essay, From Skinny Nanny to Well-Rounded Mama:A Journey to Acceptance, to Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine's Inaugural Reader Essay Contest.  I am excited to announce that I have my first REJECTION to celebrate!

Excerpt: "The once late-bloomer has emerged a confident, strong-willed woman content with who she is. I never thought I’d be as comfortable in my own body as I am now. I know who I am, what I want, and am satisfied with sailing through life in this slim vessel. The journey from awkward pre-teen to confident woman was expedited by the experience of pregnancy. For the first time in my life, my straight edges slowly began rounding, softening. At weeks seven or eight, my Gap size zero khaki work pants began tightening in my mid-section. This was a new sensation and one in which I reveled."

I am proud of this essay, and not being a contest winner does not diminish this.  I am motivated to keep delving into the themes and experiences in life.

One of the winner's essays can be found here and I encourage you to take a moment to read it.  Her essay is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment