Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Month in Review - October's Favorite Things List

This has been a trying month.  There are no two ways around that, but I tend to agree with Abraham Lincoln who apparently said, "Most people are as happy as they choose to be."  In that spirit, here are the bright spots to my month--in no particular order:

  • Crossed off Rhode Island from the list of states I haven't yet visited when I attended a professional conference in Providence
  • Filled more than 40 pages in my journal
  • "Words are alive and literature becomes an escape, not from, but into living." - Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet Grave
  • PBS replays of Downton Abbey Seasons 2 and 3 for this D.A. newbie
  • Listening to the audio version of At Home At Mitford by Jan Karon on my daily commute
  • Martha Beck's insights
  • Beginning my Christmas shopping and making good progress
  • The way that organizing my home spaces clears my muddled mind
  • Attending the Peace Colliquy with my daughter and her love of the day camp for kids
  • Reconnecting with friends from college
  • The fact that I still think of our trip to England nearly daily
  • "Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured." B.K.S. Iyengar
  • Sunday afternoon naps
  • Raspberry muffins and my pumpkin dessert
  • Migraine-free days
  • the writings of Sarah Ban Breathnach and Anne Lamott
  • Brilliant blue skies of autumn
  • New clothes--on sale
  • The nearly daily funny sayings of my daughter
  • Music of Mat Kearney, Dawes, Sarah Bareilles, and Ingrid Michaelson
  • Jimmy Fallon
  • Less TV
  • Writing a letter of recommendation for a beloved friend
  • Knowing that paying attention can turn around any bad day
What 's on your list this month?  Are you keeping track?

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you and I like forward to all your posts.
    God gave you a gift and its a blessing you are sharing it with us all.
    Carpe Diem!!

    ReplyDelete